It's Kindergarten Registration time for children who will be 5 years of age on or before September 1st 2021!
The State of Illinois requires that if a school district offers full day kindergarten, it must allow parents to enroll their child only half time with no penalty of truancy. That being said, District 27’s kindergarten curriculum will be delivered across the full day of instruction. In other words, the morning program will not contain the same curriculum as the afternoon. It is important, therefore, to understand that those students who attend a half-day will miss some of the curriculum.
If you have a child already enrolled in Northbrook School District 27, then you will need to log into Parent Portal and then click online registration. If you do this, most of the information you need to provide will be brought into your application and you will not have to repeat Online Registration when returning students need to complete Online Registration.
Online Registration Application Links
- New Family to Northbrook School District 27 Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
- Family with students already enrolled in Northbrook School District 27 Opens in New Window
To complete Registration you will need to do the following:
- Complete Online Registration.
- Provide an Original Birth Certificate.
- Provide a completed Home Language Survey
Additional information that may be submitted at this time:
- Physical examination and immunization record for students entering preschool and kindergarten. Physicals dated after September 1, 2021 will be accepted. Physical information must be entered on the Illinois State Form. Out-of-state forms will not be accepted.
- Dental examination records
- Vision Test Results
- Families who do not submit the three items above will still be registered and assigned a classroom. However, these documents must be submitted on or before the first day of school. Please plan to submit these documents during District Registration Week in August.