In This Edition:
- PTA Calendar
- 6th Grade Social Dance
- D27 Race
- Directory Information
- Hot Lunch
September 23 - District 27 5K Race, 8am
October 16, 1pm - PTA Board Meeting
Calling All 6th Grade Families
6th Grade Social Dance: 7-8:15pm Thursdays 10/19-11/9
Don't miss out on the fun - this 4 week class focuses on dance and social skills in a casual setting with a talented instructor! Students will be paired at random, pairings will change each week. Register by October 1; program cost is $60.
TOMORROW is the big day - the 12th annual District 27 5K, 1M and Kids' Dash Race at 8am
It's not too late to register to run/walk... we will also take day-of registrations until 7:45am!
We hope you'll join us for:
- Pre-race warm up with Studio Spin
- Kid's dash course by Hi-Five Sports
- Custom school clothing from humanKIND - including special race day designs!
- Music by Bach to Rock
- Race snacks from local sponsors
- and more!
Can't join tomorrow? You can still make a small donation to support the race - proceeds benefit the Rohrabaugh Scholarship granted to outstanding D27 graduates of Glenbrook North!
Wildcat Spirit Wear
Want to how your Wildcat spirit? Information coming early next week on how to order Wood Oaks spirit wear!
Student directory on DirectorySpot
- DirectorySpot has been updated for the 2023-2024 school year and is now available to all PTA members.
- Need help with access? Please email the PTA Directory Committee
- Need to update your content? Please submit a PTA Directory Form
Hot Lunch is up and running! To order, click on the link below … Hot Lunch orders must be placed by 10am Thursday for the following week
We are looking for parent volunteers to help make our Hot Lunch program a success!
VOLUNTEER FOR HOT LUNCH
Sign up here if you can help during Hot Lunch (10:50am to 12:10pm). Dates are available through October.
If you have not yet joined the PTA it is not too late!
How to join your school's PTA:
- Access Infinite Campus and navigate to the Fees page.
- PTA Membership Fees can be found under "Optional Payments."
- Families with children at more than one school can change the student in order to change which PTA they are joining.
DirectorySpot access is granted on a weekly basis in August and September, and monthly after that. To get access more quickly or if you need assistance, please email the PTA directory committee.
The Wood Oaks PTA needs moms, dads, and even grandparents to volunteer to chair and serve on PTA committees. In order to have a strong, viable PTA that can continue to have a Hot Lunch Program as well as plan wonderful events and activities for staff and students, we need your help. Please sign up to chair or volunteer for a PTA committee.
From Our Parent Support Network
Are your child's mental health struggles impacting you and your family?
Volunteers from our Parents Support Network are now available to meet you for a chat to offer guidance and support. For more information go to https://www.catchiscommunity.org/
Wood Oaks Board 2023-24:
Sally Belofsky (Co-President)
Jen Diehl (Co-President)
Lauren Fleming (Treasurer)
Beth Sattler (VP)
Rivka Daar (Secretary)
Questions? Comments? Reach out to us at email@example.com.