Dear District 27 Families,
I am excited to announce that we will be able to start the year by offering hot lunch options four days per week (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri). This is how it was before the pandemic and we are so happy to be back again!
Lunch Solutions, the third-party company that provides our schools with hot lunch, is owned by Robin Bear—a former D27 parent, Grove & Wood Oaks PTA President and Hot Lunch Chair for 10 years! Lunch Solutions will be collaborating with many different restaurants to provide a variety of menu options—and most lunches will have a gluten free and vegetarian option available. Additionally, funds raised through hot lunches directly benefit your school’s PTA!
Each of our three schools has a unique ordering site. Please see the links below to set up your account. You will need to know your student's homeroom teacher when ordering. For Wood Oaks, please be sure you select the correct lunch period for the day(s) of the week you are ordering. Teacher assignments and schedules were posted yesterday in the parent portal.
As of today, ordering is open. You can order on a weekly basis or for the entire semester. Hot lunch service will begin on August 29. The first ordering window will close on August 25 at 10am. Please note the new weekly ordering cutoff is 10am Thursday of the week prior. As in the past, this service is completely optional.
If you have questions regarding hot lunch, you can contact:
Robin Bear, owner Lunch Solutions
Kate Riggs, our district PTA hot lunch representative
Lisa Buckley, District 27 PTA Council President
District 27 PTA Council President
How do I sign up? Account Sign-Up and Instructions:
1. Log in to your school’s site linked above. Don’t forget to bookmark this page for easy access again!
2. After accessing the Lunch Solutions Home Page, click on login on the upper right corner.
3. Go to “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” Enter User (Email) and Password of your choice. If you have students in multiple schools you can use the same user/password for each school.
4. On the Member Profile Page, enter your information under the STUDENT SECTION. Lunches will be labeled and served alphabetically by last name so please be aware of first and last name entry! You will need to know your student's homeroom teacher when ordering. For Wood Oaks, please be sure you select the correct lunch period for the day(s) of the week you are ordering.
5. From the HOT LUNCH drop-down tab (upper left corner), choose Ordering/View Orders. Your students name should be on the screen. Then choose start shopping.
6. Add items to your shopping cart by clicking on the entrée you would like to order from the calendar.
7. When you are finished choosing lunch items, hit Review Cart/Place Order/Make Payment and follow the prompts for payment.
8. Review your cart and cancel any items here or hit the X and go back to the ordering calendar. If you are ready to place your order hit the Continue to Payment button at the bottom of the screen.
9. Click Place order and check out with a credit card (there is a 1.99% service fee). Your PTA is only accepting credit card payments.
10. Print your order for reference, download it into your calendar (under the ordering/View Orders tab) or log in later to view your serving dates.
11. Your order/s will appear on the screen under the Ordering/View Orders screen.