Check out our updated PTA page! Please bookmark PTA INFO for all updates!
IN THIS EDITION
- In-School Volunteer Opportunities
- Upcoming Events
- Directory Access Updates
- Important Links and Reminders
VOLUNTEER AT SCHOOL
Morning Supervisor Volunteers Needed
Can you bring your child to school a little early and volunteer for about 25 minutes? About once a month the staff has a meeting and they need our help. Possible volunteer jobs are: reading to Kindergarteners, monitoring students in the gym, helping students off the bus, etc. Sign up.
We need volunteers to help run our hot lunch program. Spend an hour at lunch to help hand out hot lunches. If the sign up is full, check back often as spots do open up from time to time. Sign up using this form.
Did you know you can order hot lunch from local restaurants 4 days a week! Just don’t forget that the ordering window closes at 10am on Thursday the week prior. Visit this site to order hot lunch for your student.
Volunteer in the school foyer and help students shop for prizes using their hard-earned Bulldog Bucks. Sign Up
District 27 5K, 1M & Kids Dash Event
The District 27 race event is in 2 weeks! Run to register and register to run. Don’t overthink it, just sign up!
What is in store for Hickory Point participants:
- Parents can run or walk the 5K at the beautiful Wood Oaks park. Plus, there is a special warm-up before you race!
- Kids can enjoy the Hi-Five obstacle course and inflatables before the dash across the Wood Oaks school field. Every child will get a completion medal!
- Everyone will have fun with Bach to Rock DJ music and delicious snacks from local restaurants.
A do-good twofer! The annual Winter Coat drive begins on Monday. Please donate new or gently used coats, boots, hats (any winter gear) for children ages 0-18. AND, we’re helping Shabonee with their Sneaker Drive. Any new or used sneakers can be donated as long as they’re athletic shoes and donated in same size pairs. There will be a bin in the foyer to donate either drive. The PTA will sort. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Zero Waste Lunch
Our environmental committee is striving for one zero waste lunch on 10/14. If you’d like to participate, please only send reusable containers in your child’s lunch that day. More details coming soon.
- DirectorySpot has been updated for the 2022-2023 school year
- DirectorySpot access is included with your PTA membership
- Need help with access? Please email the PTA Directory Committee
- Need to update your content? Please submit a PTA Directory Form
- Sign up for a PTA Committee
- Buy Spiritwear!
- Order Birthday Signs
- Join Amazon Smile and support Hickory Point while you shop!
- Order a Yearbook: Save 10% if you purchase before 9/30. If you purchase before the deadline in the spring, your child will receive their yearbook, in class, during the last week of school. Time is typically set aside for signing.
To purchase your yearbook: Go to www.treering.com/validate
Enter your school code: 1013313179884959
NEXT PTA MEETING:
October 7, 10am at Hickory Point
2022-2023 PTA Board
Co-President: Kate Riggs firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-President: Melanie Alexander email@example.com
Vice President: Stephanie Tasman firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Dana Schneider email@example.com
Treasurer: Maryann Czarnota firstname.lastname@example.org