Overview of Our District
Educating Students to Succeed in a Changing World
Northbrook School District 27 is one of five elementary school districts in Northfield Township. We are a K-8 district with one primary center (Hickory Point School, K-2), one intermediate center (Shabonee School, 3-5) and one junior high school (Wood Oaks, 6-8). After graduation, our students attend Glenbrook North High School.
We have a longstanding tradition of excellence in education. Our students perform well on state, national and international assessments, as well as in regional and state competitions. A key factor in our success is our strong partnership with our parent community. The community holds high expectations for a quality education. Indicators of our success beyond our performance are high student attendance, sound financial standing, rigorous and coherent curricula, highly qualified staff and a variety of support systems for our students.
Through strategic planning, the District has articulated its key challenges, strategic objectives, goals and action plans.
Key Success Factors
District 27 measures the following five Key Success Factors to determine its overall success as an organization. We aim to keep each of these factors in focus and on target at all times. They are:
- Outstanding student performance.
- Rigorous and coherent programs.
- Highly qualified staff.
- Safe, caring, and supportive learning environment.
- Healthy financial position.
Our Core Values
The culture of District 27 embodies our six core values. These values guide the behavior we expected in our District and how our people work, make decisions, and accomplish our mission. For students, staff, and our community partners, we:
- Pursue learning that develops individual growth, potential, and leadership to the fullest of our capacity.
- Commit to performance excellence as a learning community.
- Use performance results to honor accomplishments, determine needs and improve learning experiences and achievements.
- Share the responsibility to learn and work in a collaborative environment.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior (both personal and organizational).
- Treat others with respect and value differences.
District 27's Administrative Office is located within Wood Oaks Junior High School. Please access our offices through the Junior High's main office off of Sanders Road.Address: 1250 Sanders Road Northbrook, IL 60062 Phone: (847) 498-2610 Fax: (847) 498-5916
During the school year: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.