John B. Deiter, Ph.D.(847) 498-2610, ext. 5114 Email Dr. Deiter Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
Our mission is “Educating Students to Succeed in a Changing World," and we understand the awesome responsibility that is involved to achieve that goal. As a result, our work is accomplished through the Baldrige Performance Excellence framework which identifies key work systems and processes geared to achieve our mission. Fundamental to our work are our six Key Success Factors (KSF) that were developed by our stakeholders. These KSFs are:
- Outstanding Student Performance
- Rigorous and Coherent Programs and Services
- Highly Qualified Staff
- Social-Emotional Well-Being
- Safe Learning and Working Environment
- Healthy Financial Position
In District 27 we have a well-developed Strategic Plan that is updated annually to reflect our progress on key initiatives and changes that continue to come our way in the larger world.
In addition, we have committed ourselves to a culture that embodies six core values. These values guide the behavior we expect in our District and how our people work, make decisions, and accomplish our mission. For students, staff, and our community partners, we:
- Pursue learning that develops individual growth, potential, and leadership to the fullest of our capacity,
- Commit to performance excellence as a learning community,
- Use performance results to honor accomplishments, determine needs, and improve learning experiences and achievements,
- Share the responsibility to learn and work in a collaborative environment,
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior (both personal and organizational,) and
- Treat each other with respect and value differences.
With this foundation, we do our very best to provide our students with an education that prepares them to succeed at Glenbrook North High School.
We operate in state-of-the-art facilities, with high safety and security measures; and we are fiscally solvent, having adopted the highest standards for financial reporting and transparency. Our financial planning has placed us in a strong fiscal position. Most importantly, our students learn with the latest technology and have access to an updated curriculum that is globally-oriented. Every child is important to us, and we do our very best to understand and respect your child as an individual.
District 27 is one of the finest districts in America, and we are always seeking to get better. We welcome you to District 27 and trust that you will be an integral part of the school community. Whether you are at Hickory Point, Shabonee, or Wood Oaks, our hope is that you will see District 27 as your District of choice, and that you enjoy your child’s education along with us. We are eager to serve your family!