Heather Miehl(847) 498-2610, ext. 5118 Email Ms. Miehl Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
The Office of Special Education oversees the following:
- Eligibility for special education services.
- Implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Maintenance of special education records.
- Monitoring of special education rules and regulations.
- Preschool screening.
- Child Find and Proportionate Share
- Related services including speech and language, social work, occupational therapy, etc.
- Response to Intervention (RtI).
Interpreters for Special Education/504 Meetings
Effective June 10, 2022, school districts must provide qualified interpreters for parents who do not normally speak English, and licensed interpreters for deaf parents, at multidisciplinary meetings, mediations, Section 504 meetings and due process hearings. If you would like to request an interpreter for any of these meetings, please contact Teri Johnson, Administrative Assistant for Special Education at (847) 498-2610 ext. 5130 or email@example.com Opens in New Window Opens in New Window .
Procedural Safeguards for Parents/Guardians of Students with Disabilities (PDF) Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window