The Office of Special Education oversees the following:
- Eligibility for special education services.
- Implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Maintenance of special education records.
- Monitoring of special education rules and regulations.
- Preschool screening.
- Private/parochial ChildFind and services.
- Related services including speech and language, social work, occupational therapy, etc.
- Response to Intervention (RtI).
- Student placement and transition planning.
Updated Notice of Procedural Safeguards for Parents: Notification regarding Related Service Logs as Student Records
Students with disabilities may receive related services as part of their individual education programs (IEPs). The school district will maintain related service logs that record the type and number of minutes of related service(s) administered to such students. These service logs are considered part of a student’s temporary school record. Copies of the related service logs will be available to parents/guardians at their child’s annual review IEP meeting and anytime upon request of the child’s parent or guardian. The district shall comply with a request for the record without unnecessary delay, in no case, more than 15 business days after the request has been made.
Director of Special Education
Julie Revello(847) 498-2610, ext. 5118 firstname.lastname@example.org Opens in New Window