Illinois Assessment of Readiness
The Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) is a group of state-mandated tests that assess students' knowledge of the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics. Students in grades 3 through 8 take these assessments annually.
- What is College and Career Readiness? How does this relate to the IAR?
- What subjects do the IAR address?
- How much time will the tests require?
- How many tests will students take per day?
- Why is the IAR required?
- In what format are the tests administered?
- Are there accommodations for students with 504 plans or Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)??
- Are there accommodations for English Language Learners (ELL)?
- How are students being prepared for the IAR?
- How can I support my child?
- How will the test results be used?
- Where can I see sample IAR test questions?
- Can parents "opt out" of the IAR?
- What is District 27's view of the IAR and state assessments overall?
- How is District 27 advocating for students and reasonable testing?