Student participation in school-sponsored extracurricular athletic activities is contingent upon the following:
- The student must meet the academic criteria set forth in Board policy 6:190, Extracurricular and Co-Curricular Activities.
- A parent/guardian of the student must provide written permission for the student’s participation, giving the District full waiver of responsibility of the risks involved.
- The student must present a current certificate of physical fitness issued by a licensed physician, an advanced practice nurse, or a physician assistant.
- The student must show proof of accident insurance coverage either by a policy purchased through the District-approved insurance plan or a parent/guardian written statement that the student is covered under a family insurance plan. The student must agree to follow all conduct rules and the coaches’ instructions.
- The student and his or her parent(s)/guardian(s) must: (a) comply with the eligibility rules of, and complete any forms required by the District including, without limitation, signing an acknowledgment of receiving information about the Board’s concussion policy 7:305, Student Athlete Concussions and Head Injuries.
The Superintendent or designee (1) is authorized to impose additional requirements for a student to participate in extracurricular athletics, provided the requirements) comply with Board policy 7:10, Equal Educational Opportunities, and (2) shall maintain the necessary records to ensure student compliance with this policy.
|REVIEW HISTORY||April 2021|