Board Approves 2020-21 School Calendar
The Board of Education approved the 2020-21 school calendar at its meeting on October 24, 2019. Key elements of the calendar include the following:
- First day for teachers is Monday, August 17, 2020.
- First day of classes for students is Thursday, August 20, 2020.
- All major breaks are aligned with District 225.
- Winter break begins on Monday, December 21, 2020.
- Students return to class after the winter break on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- Spring break begins on Monday, March 22, 2021.
- Students return to class after the spring break on Monday, March 29, 2021.
- Last day of attendance for students is scheduled to be Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
- There are five additional emergency days built into the calendar should we need to take any snow days or other emergencies, as required by the State.
In Other Action
The Board approved the following items:
- The renewal of medical coverage for employees through Blue Cross Blue Shield with a 0% increase in premiums for the 2020 calendar year.
- The renewal of dental coverage for employees through Blue Cross Blue Shield with a 1.7% increase for the 2020 calendar year.
- The life and long-term disability coverage with Cigna for an $11,000 decrease in premiums for the 2020 calendar year.
- The renewal of its contract with Perspectives for our employee assistance program with a 0% increase in premiums for the 2020 calendar year.
- A one-year contract renewal with The Employer's Association to administer the District's Flexible Benefit Plan at a 0% increase.
- A one-year contract extension for Tovar Snow Professionals for 2020 at a 0% increase.
- The hire of Michelle Miller as Assistant Secretary for Hickory Point.
Other Calendar Dates
The Board of Education announced the date of the Wood Oaks graduation as Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 6:00 PM. The ceremony will be held at the Glenbrook North High School Sheely Center for the Performing arts.
The Board of Education canceled the January 16, 2020 and January 30, 2020 Board of Education meeting dates and scheduled a Board meeting for January 23, 2020.
The Board of Education canceled the May 28, 2020 Board of Education meeting date and scheduled a Board meeting for May 21, 2020.