Q. Are fully vaccinated students and staff required to wear face masks?
Face coverings must cover one’s mouth and nose, and fit snugly against the sides of the face with no gaps. Face coverings should have two or more layers. The use of gaiters, athletic face coverings, or neck warmers is not allowed. Face coverings with valves are not permitted.
We have been advised by University of Illinois that this program is for currently for unvaccinated individuals only, in order to keep the program manageable across thousands of state school districts. However, we will accept consent forms from vaccinated individuals to be added to our waitlist in case the program does expand to allow for vaccinated individuals to be tested as well.
- Will a health certification and temperature check be required to enter the schools each day?
- What are the safety protocols for transportation?
- Will the District be requiring COVID-19 vaccination for students?
- Will there be remote learning this school year?
- Do face masks need to be worn outdoors?
- How will physical distance be maintained in the classroom?
- How will physical distance be maintained at lunch?
- What are the safety protocols for band and chorus?
- How will PE be handled at Wood Oaks?
- Will students be allowed to share materials and use lockers?
- What are the safety protocols for visitors and parent volunteers?
- What are the cleaning/sanitization protocols?
- Do vaccinated students and staff need to quarantine for close contact?
- What is the definition of close contact?
- How will contact tracing be performed?
- How will symptoms of illness be managed throughout the school day?
- If a student is sent home sick with suspected COVID-19 symptoms, must all their siblings/household members be sent home as well?
- If a student is identified as a close contact to a person with COVID-19 and is instructed to quarantine, are their household members and close contacts also required to be in quarantine?
- If someone has previously tested positive for COVID-19, do they still need to quarantine for close contact?
- Will the District send out notification of a positive case?
- What is the definition of an outbreak in schools?
- What are the domestic travel guidelines?
- What are the international travel guidelines?
- How do I count the days of travel quarantine?