Health and Safety Precautions
Safety of our students and staff is our top priority. The following safety measures have been established and will be implemented at all Northbrook SD27 locations.
- Masks - Per Illinois State Board of Education guidance, we will require all people in the building to wear masks.
- Symptom checks - Students will be screened daily with temperature checks, or parents will self-certify their children. We have not yet determined what our process will be for temperature and symptom checking prior to coming to school each day. We have the ability to use a self certification process but are still investigating options. More information will follow. Students who feel sick should stay home, and the quality of our remote learning will allow students to keep learning if they are able.
- Cleaning - We have enhanced our cleaning procedures to meet or exceed CDC and IDPH guidelines.
- HVAC - Our heating and cooling engineer is adjusting the systems to include more fresh air in the buildings
- Physical Distance - We will begin the school year by implementing a six-foot social distance requirement in our classrooms, hallways, cafeterias, and offices. We also will be marking our floors with arrows and signage to guide traffic flow.
- Quarantining - We are developing procedures in collaboration with the Illinois Department of Public Health on how we will implement quarantining for students and staff who are diagnosed with COVID-19 or who have close contact with someone who is later diagnosed with COVID-19. Guidance is still being developed by the health agencies. At present, we will designate isolation rooms in each building.
- Visitors -- Per state guidance, we will severely restrict access to campus for anyone other than students and staff.
- Lockers - Will not be used.