Around Northbrook

District 27 provides public education to approximately 1,200 children in the southwest part of the village of Northbrook.

Northbrook is a thriving community of nearly 34,000 residents. The community offers residents a wide range of activities and services. The community is served by the Northbrook Public Library and the Northbrook Park District.

The median home price in Northbrook is $625,293 with a median household income of $95,665. Twenty-eight religious institutions are based here.

The District has been a part of Northbrook's history since 1853 and we are proud of our long-standing relationship with the community. Please take a look around this page to get a glimpse of a few of the great attractions that make our District such a wonderful place to live and work.

Wood Oaks Green

Wood Oaks Green is located at 1150 Sanders Road, just north of Wood Oaks Junior High School.

The 55.9-acre park includes two ball diamonds, a playground, tennis courts, picnic tables, soccer fields, a sled hill and a lake for fishing. A scenic 1.25-mile walking/jogging path encompasses the park.

The Wood Oaks Green is owned and maintained by the Northbrook Park District.

Sportsman's Country Club

Sportsman's, located at 3535 Dundee Road, has been a Northbrook institution since 1931. The club offers 27 holes of golf, a lighted practice range, a miniature golf course, three putting greens, a golf shop and a clubhouse dining room.

Sportsman's is owned and maintained by the Northbrook Park District.

Northbrook Leisure Center

The Northbrook Leisure Center, located at 3323 Walters Avenue, serves as the headquarters for the recreation programs for children and adults in Northbrook. The center hosts recreation classes, Sunshine Preschool, special events, birthday parties and rentals. It also houses the Senior Center, Northbrook Theatre and the Performing Arts Department.

The Leisure Center is linked with District 27 because the building used to be Indian Ridge School. The District closed the school in 1982 because of declining enrollment and the property was sold to the Park District in 1982.